Joe Ross is a seasoned executive with extensive experience in the hotel, banking, and development industries. Joe’s dynamic background includes owning, operating, and managing 55 hotel properties and 68 restaurant/banquet/meeting facilities; co-founding a community banking operation in the Midwest; and being the co-general partner and owner of the Kansas City Scouts NHL Team (now the New Jersey Devils). Along the way he has managed assets in excess of $250 million with $100 million in sales and over 1,600 employees.
Joe established himself as an award-winning leader early in his career. He was recognized by the office of the U.S. Vice President as Young Man of the Year and Man of the Year. Joe was also honored by the US Naval Reserve and his peers in the hotel industry with their respective Man of the Year designations. Most recently, in 2016, Joe was honored by the National Restaurant Association as Man of the Year meaning a scholarship for leadership will be given annually in his name.
Joe is a dedicated community leader, repeatedly tapped to spearhead industry and civic organizations. His experience includes the following appointments:
- President, State of Kansas and Greater Kansas City Hotel and Motel Associations
- President, Kansas City Restaurant Association
- President, Johnson County, Kansas Hotel Association
- President, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma Hotel and Motel Association
- Chairman of the Board, Greater Kansas City Convention Bureau
- Chairman of the Board, Johnson County Restaurant Association
- Elected to Board of Governors, Master Hosts International
- Member, State of Kansas Food and Lodging Board (appointed by two Governors)
Joe’s unique combination of hospitality, financial, and development experience led him to found Fairway Suites. By leveraging the steadfast relationships he established with most major hotel franchise brands during his career, Joe creates “win-win-win” opportunities for golf course operations, hotel brands, and developers.